We are mavis Creatives Limited (Registered in England & Wales No. 07777252) and our registered office is at IHB Accountants, Unit F/25 Waterfront Studios, 1 Dock Road, London, E16 1AH.
We are registered with the Information Commissioners Office in the UK with reference number ZA866945.
Telephone – +44 (0)20 7729 5696
Email – [email protected]
This Privacy Statement sets out the basis on which we use personal data in the course of our business activities.
Data processing principles
When processing data we will be guided by the following principles:
- We will only collect data for specific and specified purposes;
- We will not collect data beyond what is necessary to accomplish those purposes; we will minimise the amount of information we collect from you to what we need to deliver the services required;
- We will collect and use your personal information only if we have legitimate business reasons for doing so, such as contacting you about job opportunities and providing you with services;
- We will not use your data for purposes other than those for which it was collected, without your prior consent;
- We will seek to verify and/or update your data periodically and we will accept requests from you for amendment of the data held;
- We will apply high technical standards to make our processing of data secure;
- Except otherwise stated, we will not store data in identifiable form longer than is necessary to accomplish its purpose or as required by law.
How we collect and use personal information:
Most personal information is supplied directly and voluntarily to mavis by a client or candidate or anyone wanting to work with mavis in either regard. We also receive personal information indirectly from the public domain (i.e. public websites, social sites such as LinkedIn or other portfolio site hosts, etc.).
We collect this information solely for the purpose of fulfilling employment opportunities with our signed clients and finding our candidates employment opportunities.
We may share Client information with a prospective Candidate or Candidate information with a prospective employer only upon receiving consent from the relevant party before supplying; this information is shared only in the pursuit of fulfilling an employment opportunity with a Client and/or assisting a Candidate with finding an employment opportunity.
We will never sell or lend your personal data to third parties, or share your personal data for marketing purposes. Nor will we transfer any personal data outside of the EEA without consent.
What information we collect:
We collect and process the following information in accordance with data protection legislation: Contact information, CV information, Personal Identifiers, and any other information relevant to the recruitment process which is voluntarily supplied to mavis by a party with whom mavis is in contact.
For the purposes of helping to find Candidates for Clients we will collect Client contact information in accordance with the Client’s contract with mavis. For the purposes of helping to find employment opportunities for Candidates we will collect personal contact information as well as any volunteered information or documents from a Candidate. Examples of this include but are not limited to CVs, cover letters, portfolios, references or recommendation letters.
Occasionally we may ask for special category data if necessary for a particular recruitment project, such as details of criminal convictions or medical information. As per our Data Processing Principles (point 2 above) we will only ask for information that is necessary to deliver our services, and therefore we encourage you not to provide us with personal data or special category data which we do not ask for.
Legal basis for processing your data
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we will only process your data where there is a legal basis to do so, such as:
- Your consent. By contacting mavis to assist with filling a role within the company you are employed by (Client) or to assist with finding you an employment opportunity (Candidate) you consent to mavis collecting, processing, and storing your personal data. However, you are able to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting [email protected] with the subject line “GDPR Consent Retraction Request” and the relevant information included in the email copy:
- Subsequently, if you wish to not be contacted in the future in any regard by mavis for any purpose, you will agree to mavis retaining your name and email address for the purposes of a “Do Not Contact” list only, which will be used to reference that you are not to be contacted by mavis in the future – if you request that all of your information be removed from our records we will have no reference to not contact you through public domain information in the future and thus if you contact us regarding removal of your personal information, please include a note in your mail to [email protected] that declares “Information Retention for Do Not Contact List” – Consent OR Do Not Consent, and mavis will adhere to the requested action.
- We have a contractual obligation. If we have, under existing contract obligations, reason to process information, then mavis has the right to do so.
- We have a legal obligation. If we have, under applicable laws and legislation to which we are subject, reason to process information, then mavis has the right to do so.
- We need to pursue a legitimate company interest. If necessary for company business proceedings, mavis reserves the right to process and share information with relevant third parties who are assisting with said proceedings and who have agreed to process the data strictly in compliance with Data Protection Legislation and other applicable laws.
How we store your information:
We have in place appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity and availability of personal data we control. Your information is securely stored on mavis’ company database which is not publicly accessible or stored in any public domain – it is accessible to mavis employees and affiliates only, and is password protected.
We also have in place appropriate procedures to handle any potential Personal Data Breaches, in accordance with Data Protection Legislation. Any such breaches will be reported to the relevant supervisory authority and notified to the affected data subjects where we are legally required to do so.
We will keep your information for 10 years from the date of collection, unless otherwise requested by you through a GDPR Consent Retraction Request, in which case your details will be removed from our systems except, where applicable, in accordance with the Do Not Contact List.
After 10 years if mavis has not been contacted by you or worked with you as an individual or a company in any capacity then your information will be deleted in full from our database system. Any email communications and correspondence will remain confidential and will exist in email servers in accordance with their data protection policies but we will not remove email communication information from referred to servers unless explicitly requested. To do so.
Website use and marketing
We use website analytics to provide the best user experience and service to you and to evaluate and improve our site. We utilise third party data analytics service provider Google Analytics to improve our visibility and to monitor website browser behaviour and navigation across our site.
- Number of visitors to our site;
- Pages visited whilst using the site and time spent per page;
- Page interaction information, such as scrolling, clicks and browsing methods;
- Source location and details about where users go when they leave the site;
- Page response times and any download errors;
- Other technical information relating to end user device, such as IP address or browser plug-in.
From time to time we may use the information collected about you and your activity on our website to assess and evaluate your user experience and make changes to our website that affect your future user experience including navigation and automations.
In general, cookies should make your browsing experience better. You may choose not to accept cookies for our website, which you can do by disabling cookies in your browser settings, but please be aware that this may impact your user experience on our website.
We reserve the right to update this Privacy Notice from time to time. Where appropriate, we shall contact you to notify you of any material changes to the Privacy Notice. You should also refer to our website periodically so that you may access and view our updated Privacy Notice. This will ensure that you understand how we are using your personal data and your legal rights around our usage of such personal data.
Should you still have concerns about the way in which mavis manages your personal data then you should contact the relevant supervisory authority, which in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office: Contact us | ICO