We are looking for a Voice UX Designer & Content Creator to join an innovative digital company based in West London. This company aims to push the boundaries of voice activation technology and develop voice experiences by building a range of exciting applications. You will be working with some fantastic well-known brands on super creative projects, from children’s storytelling to gaming, shopping to exercising! Smart speakers and voice technology is expected to become more popular than the in-home tablet by 2020.
We are looking for an individual with a solid understanding of UX Design, and ideally have a hybrid skill-set across both interaction design and digital copy. This is primarily a copy and content focused position, and so would suit somebody who has had experience working in a creative capacity for a digital design agency.
- 3 + years working in a content / copy / writer oriented position
- Solid understanding of User Interaction Design
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- An interest in design thinking and have a natural understanding of how to solve design problems
- Ability to think strategically and work in a fast paced environment
- Passionate about the world of Voice technology
- Must be naturally innovative, since you will be expected to create solutions for exciting and ambitious ideas for which no interaction paradigm currently exists
- A proactive attitude, as the role involves exploring uncharted territory and finding ways to get ahead of the curve
- A collaborative approach as working closely with the engineers to bring your ideas to life
- Ability to deliver work independently and be confident in conceptualising original ideas
- Must be a pragmatic visionary who can translate business needs into a lead-edge customer-focused solution
- Must excel at conceptualizing spoken and multi-surface experiences in the abstract and driving that vision into clear design deliverables
- Background in scriptwriting, creative writing, or game design would be beneficial but is not a requisite
- Understanding of design sprint methodologies would be ideal!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Designing voice user interfaces (flow, interaction, conversation, language prompts) for projects across content, browsing, search, shopping, gaming, entertainment, etc.
- Defining the concept of new apps with the client and will work alongside the engineers to bring these ideas to life
- Developing strategy and direction on new Voice projects
- Conducting user testing and user research when needed
- Creating original and engaging content around characters, stories concepts and games
- Researching the audience segment and thinking strategically about how to address this audience
- Inventing new and innovative design practices for Voice
- Building direct-to-consumer Voice Apps and Games
- Collaborating and building close relationships with leading voice platforms such as Google and Alexa
- Leading, defining, and driving spoken language and multi-surface interfaces for the projects
Please send your CV and portfolio to [email protected]
Unfortunately, due to the number of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.