Our client, an exciting branding design agency, is looking for a talented Design Director (Brand) to lead their growing team of graphic, motion and digital designers. You will be joining their mission to build rich digital experiences for future-focused companies, chasing big ideas and diving into the creative process.
As Design Director, you will be comfortable collaborating with strategists, writers, producers and the creative team to deliver bold, conceptual work that tells inspiring stories. You will be responsible in nurturing and challenging your design team in creating innovative ideas and visions, and confident in leading and delivering presentations to clients, with the ability to build personal relationships and trust.
The chosen candidate will be the creative engine driving all projects forward, so must be hot on current trends in the world of design, art, fashion and creativity, able to bring that information and enthusiasm into the studio everyday. As well as directing, you will be equally as comfortable designing, with fantastic technical design knowledge, a keen eye for detail and a drive for creative perfection.
- 7+ years industry experience
- Currently a Design Director or an experienced Senior Designer looking to take the next step
- Experience leading brands for digital-first businesses
- Knowledge of motion, code and illustration tools are a big plus
- Confident in building positive relationships with clients and getting under the skin of their issues
- Strong creative instincts and willingness to experiment
- A great collaborator who is confident in talking through ideas within the team, as well as able to work independently
- Comfortable engaging with the strategic side of work
- A natural story-teller, producing great work that audiences want to engage with
- Ambitious self-starter and driven leader who can thrive in ambiguity
- Excellent presentation skills, with the ability to confidently articulate design choices to clients and team
- Must have a right to work in the UK
At mavis, we want to increase access to forward-thinking, open-minded, progressive workplaces, for all talented individuals of all backgrounds. We care about equal opportunities and we encourage you to apply if you believe you could make valuable contributions to this position.
We look forward to receiving your CV at [email protected]
When you apply for a mavis job you consent to us storing your details, this means that we may occasionally contact you with future job opportunities that we think may be a good fit for your skills and experience (this will not include bulk mailers). If you do not wish to be contacted in the future, please notify us via email [email protected] that you only wish to be contacted in regard to this role.
Unfortunately, it isn’t possible for us to respond to every applicant, but we sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to help you find your dream role.